Thursday, July 18, 2013

Where have I been?

Ha!  It has been some time since I've blogged and I totally pooped out on the Pinterest Fitness posts.  For those of you who were following that, sorry about that!   Perhaps I shouldn't have committed to posting that while on vacation!  Despite that, I did run on my vacation, and did some workouts from Pinterest.
My kiddos had to wake up early for this... ;)
My 10k went well, considering I fell at about mile 2.  I was running down hill and my leg sometimes likes to stop working when going down hill.  I land on my toosh and my hands, got up quickly, and was on my way.  Quite a bit of the race was uphill and at an elevation of 5,000 feet.  So, considering all that, I came in at 59:18.  Not bad.  I definitely want to improve on that, though!

Since the 10K and our return home from vacation, I have run, but haven't enjoyed that so much because it gets hot really early.  So, I'm taking it indoors and doing the workout I won from the before/after photo contest.

With the 10K behind me, I want to set some new goals.  Goals are so important when it comes to staying fit.  I need something to work towards.  I need a challenge.  Here are some of my new goals for the summer:

1.)  Be able to do 20 pull-ups.  Unassisted.  I'm up to 5 right now.
2.)  Build up my core muscles.  Hold a forearm plank for 3 minutes.  I'm up to 1:30.
3.)  Complete the "Busy Mom Gets Fit" workout series and as a result, stay toned!  I'm in the second week of that.
4.)  Keep running twice a week!  (Haven't been too good with this one!)

So, there you have it!  What are some of your goals for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment