Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pinterest Fitness Day 6: Resistance Band Workout & Hollow Rock

I love resistance bands because you can have access to them anywhere.  It's no problem to throw them in luggage because they take up hardly any space and weigh less than a pair of shoes.  You can use them at home while your children are running around you, in the yard, in a hotel room, a park...anywhere!  I LOVE this Pin on Pinterest that lists 33 exercises you can do with resistance bands.  It explains each exercise and has a link to photos or videos that further explain each exercise.  I used this to workout and completed a full body workout in about 30 minutes.

This is the exact workout I did, and I completed these 2 times through:

Front Squat
Leg Extension
Standing Adductor
Standing Abduction
Glute Bridge
Overhead Press
Standing Double Bicep Curl
Overhead Triceps Extension
Tricep Kickback

And to complete it, I tried out the CrossFit exercise, "Hollow Rock."  This isn't a band exercise, but, still, OUCH!!!  Wowzers!  That worked my core!  The video explains how to do that.  Happy workout!





No comments:

Post a Comment