Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pinterest Fitness Day 1: At Home CrossFit



If you fail, try, try again.  And again.  And again.  (I still am a crooked L, but there is always room for improvement!)
Inspired by many Facebook friends, friends, and friends of friends who are into CrossFit, the first workout I wanted to try on Pinterest was an at-home CrossFit workout.  I always liked the idea of climbing up walls or standing on my hands, but that certainly takes strength!

The pin I used led me to Shape.com's Home CrossFit Workout. The article laid out several exercises, instructed me to do each exercise for 16 reps as fast as possible, with the bear crawl in between each exercise. Even though I was used to many of the exercises used in the article, it certainly was a challenge doing those exercises as fast as I could. The most challenging exercises were the box jump and the L Stand. I completed the exercises in a little over 6 minutes, if you don't count all my attempts to do the L Stand! By the way, the L Stand made ab muscles hurt that I had no idea I had!  I look forward to improving! The next time I do this workout, I'll do it at least 3 times through.



No comments:

Post a Comment