Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pinterest Fitness Day 13: Yoga for Runners

 
I know.  I know.  I've posted a whole lot of Yoga so far, but I'm finding that weight/resistance training and running can be super hard on my muscles.  To help avoid injury and give my muscles the stretch that they need, Yoga seems to be the answer for me.

Guess what?  I ran 60 minutes for the first time in my life today!  That's right!  A whopping 6.53 miles!  I'm officially over the mileage it takes to run a 10K!  Woohoo!  Right after I finished my run today, I went in my backyard on a beautiful, overcast ("May Grey") morning, and did some yoga geared towards runners.  It felt good to stretch out my hamstrings and calves, which I find are very stiff after running for a long period of time.  The video I did this morning, by Fusion Cross-training,  is included in this post.  I especially liked the "full camel" position!

No comments:

Post a Comment