Thursday, January 10, 2013

Smoothies!!!!

I've had several people ask what Troy and I put in our smoothies that we drink every morning. Sometimes I like to switch it up, but during Navel Orange Season, I love to pick up a 10-lb bag of sweet, juicy Riverside Navel Oranges at the local grower and make that the theme of our smoothies.  Here is a list of ingredients of our typical January morning smoothies and their purposes:

Riverside Orange Pineapple Smoothie
(Serves 2 at about 270 calories per smoothie)
8oz Water
1-2 Scoops of Unflavored Whey Protein* (Promotes muscle growth/health and keeps you full, without added unneeded flavors...ick!)
2-3 small to medium oranges (Vitamin C and a whole lot more...Read my post about oranges here!)
1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple (promotes sinus health, and believe me, I have experienced improvement in this area!)
2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed (This stuff is just so good--- you need to read my post about it here)
2 cups frozen spinach (ever watched Popeye?)

1 Frozen banana, cut into fourths (Potassium! Antioxidants!  Hint:  The browner the banana, the more antioxidants it has, so get 'em really brown before peeling and freezing them.)

And that is it!  Blend well!  Enjoy!  If you have one of these every morning, you are bound to notice a difference in your overall health, and perhaps your weight!




Stay tuned!  There are more smoothie recipes to come!

*You can find the Unflavored Whey Protein on Amazon! Click here for link!

No comments:

Post a Comment