Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mastering My Metabolism: Day 4

(photo credit: http://digitallydelicious.files.wordpress.com)
Wow. I really do not like the taste of grass-fed beef. Neither does Troy and Jackson. We had some meatloaf from Henry's last night made from organic grass-fed beef. Yuck. I had to drown it in BBQ sauce for it to taste good. I guess that defeated the purpose of eating a healthy dinner. Hmmm. I guess we will have to re-think that. Also, organic chicken breasts are stinking expensive!!! Who has the $$$ to pay $6.99-8.99 a pound for chicken??? On the plus side, we are probably going to find ourselves eating more of a variety of meat, seeing as I can get organic pork tenderloin for slightly cheaper, and turkey bacon for a decent price as well. We are going to eat more vegetarians meals, too---mainly because it is cheaper. I made slit pea lentil soup, veggies and all, for under $2.50 and that made enough for us to eat two dinners and for Madelyn to have 16 baby-sized meals. Maybe that will make up for the price of the chicken. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment