Monday, May 17, 2010

Mastering My Metabolism: Day 1


Okay. I've tried a lot of different ways to jump start my metabolism. Sadly, my metabolism still seems slightly faster than a snail. I'm still stuck at 148. Seriously, folks, I know I could get into my wedding dress 15 lbs from now. FIFTH-TEEN POUNDS!!! That isn't much! I don't really have much time until my 5th wedding anniversary, either...only 46 days (or slightly over 6 weeks). So, 15 lbs is a lot of loose in 6 weeks, but, who knows? I lost 10 in 4 without trying very hard at the beginning of this stretch of the weight-loss journey. Go figure.

Thankfully, my mother-in-law was so kind to purchase a book for me called Mastering Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels. In the book, she explains how eliminating all the artifical junk and chemicals we put into our bodies or on or bodies or around our bodies can interfere with our hormones, and thus, interfere with our weight-loss. Hmmm. Interesting. It sounds like it makes sense, although, some of the changes can be very drastic. I'm going to feel out the priorities in among the changes she recommends, mainly because going organic is SO EXSPENSIVE. (Example: Regular GALLON of Milk costs 2.49 on average. Oragnic HALF GALLON of milk cost 3.29) EEEEEKKKK! Jillian Michaels feels very strongly about getting dairy, meats, and berries organic and everything else, get organic as much as possible. So, that is I am doing. She has a two-week eating plan in the back of her book that Troy and I are going to feel-out. If the pounds start dropping off, it could be that I am ingesting too many chemicals and all that. It is kind of scary how much of that is in our food, make-up, body products, cleaning products, and environment. I just don't want to be paranoid. One thing Michaels also says is to be active every day. Every day. I'm just going to make exercise a habit instead viewing it as a chore. She recommends 5 hours of circuit/strength training a week, and then adding cardio to that. We shall see! Here's to loosing that last 15 (ish) pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment