Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crustless Quiche

I love eggs. I love them from my head down to my legs. Yes. I just said that! I would much rather have an egg than a piece of meat any day. So, in the search for a low-calorie basic quiche recipe, I tweaked a few, and came up with this recipe. They are simply delish! Enjoy!

Crustless Quiche

Preheat oven to 450 F.

Ingredients:
1/4 c whole wheat flour (or almond flour if you are going gluten-free)
1 c low fat milk
1 c cottage cheese
3 eggs
1/4 c chopped of each- onion, spinach, broccoli, red bell pepper
1/4 c grated zucchini
3/4 c shredded reduced fat cheese
5 Amylu breakfast chicken sausage links, chopped (or any low fat chicken sausage)
3 T grated parmesan cheese
Cooking spray

Directions:
Put flour in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in 1/2 c milk until smooth. Add eggs and whisk until smooth. Add cottage cheese and remaining milk and whisk until smooth. Set batter aside. Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat. Add veggies and sausage and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Add 1 T reduced fat cheese to each cup. Add 2 T veggie mix to each cup. Pour egg batter to fill each cup. Finish off by sprinkling with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until set and light golden brown. Makes 12 muffin-sized quiches.

I double recipe and freeze leftovers. They can be popped the the microwave for 20 seconds for a quick, healthy breakfast! Each quiche is about 95 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment