Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yesterday and the Day Before

Yesterday, I weighed in at 152.4 lbs. That is slightly over 7 pounds lost in about 5 weeks. And, as my husband said last night, I am doing it the old-fashioned way. No dieting. That's right. I'm not dieting. I'm just eating at healthy as I possibly can manage on a regular basis. I'm making the healthy decisions like not eating out and never cooking unhealthy. Just a side note, I LOVE home-cooked healthy food way, way, way better than any fat-filled, sodium-stuffed food from any restaurant! Oh yes, and one more secret to this newly-found success...I still eat chocolate everyday. I only allow myself I peice of dark chocolate and that satisfies me. To balance the eating out, I also am exercising. So, I am loosing weight by eating healthy and exercising. And its working. The last time I lost weight this way, I lost 60 lbs and I kept it off (give and taken a few pounds) for 3 years, until I got pregnant with my first baby.

The day before yesterday, I walked into Chipotle*, and a fellow twenty-somethingish girl asked me, "How old is your baby?" I replied, "5 months. Almost 6." To my surprise, she replied back, "Your TINY!" Oh! That is exactly what I need to hear! Ten months after having my first baby, someone asked me if I was pregnant, so I would say that this is progress! So, whoever you are, fellow twenty-somethingish girl: THANK YOU! You can run into me anytime and tell me that!

*(which I haven't had in over a month, and I only ate 1/2 of!)

No comments:

Post a Comment